2012 Puccini Texas Championship
Sponsored by DBC and Yonex
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: August 17th, 2012 (midnight)
NO LATE ENTRIES ACCEPTED
Please pay entry fees by deadline to avoid late fees of $25
Visit Tournament Software for registration
*** Students (18 years of age and younger) will be discounted $10 at the tournament desk ***
Others will be directed to Paypal website from here.
There is a 3 event maximum.
Online registration hints:
MemberID is required for registration. Please use existing USAB ID. Creation of an account is highly recommended as it helps in making changes to your event information. Please determine your partner and partners Member ID before registering. Please make your payment only after adding all events.
You should receive a confirmation email after registering successfully. You may edit your entries using your login credentials.
Participants of Open events must be active USAB members. Annual membership can be obtained at www.usabadminton.org or at the tournament desk for $40.00.
To qualify for senior events, individual must be over the age of 40 (men) or 35 (women) as of 12/31/2012.
Draws for the tournament will be made by the tournament committee.
Seeding will be based on information provided on the entry form and available results of previous tournaments.
A single elimination draw with consolation will be used for all events.
Round Robin draw will be used for events with 4 entries.
The draw will be posted at least two days prior to the tournament on www.dallasbadmintonclub.com and www.tournamentsoftware.com.
Tournament Director reserves the right to make necessary final adjustments to the draw.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: (Complete match schedule will be posted along with draws)
Saturday – September 1, 2012 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Sunday – September 2, 2012 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Open/B/Senior: First Event: $45, Additional events: $15 each.
Entry fees should be paid by PayPal or check payable to ‘Dallas Badminton Club’ before the deadline to:
440 STONEHURST , MURPHY, TX 75094
A late fee of $25.00 will be charged for entry fees paid after the deadline.
1. All Open events are best of 3 games using the Badminton World Federation 21 point rally scoring system (both main and consolation draws).
2. Division B and Senior events are best of 3 in main draw. 1 set of 31 points will be used in consolation draw except the finals which will be a best of 3.
3. Players participating in any Open event cannot play in any Division B event, and vice versa.
4. All participants of Open events must be active USAB members. USAB membership is optional for all other events.
5. An event should have at least 4 entries to be conducted.
6. Each player in a doubles partnership must submit separate entry forms.
7. Registration and payment must be received by August 17, 2012. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
8. To ensure competitiveness the tournament committee will ensure that participants of Division B are of appropriate skill level.
9. Five (5) minutes default rule will be strictly enforced; warm-up is limited to 3 minutes.
10. Players must be available in the gym 30 minutes prior to the scheduled time to ensure on-time start of matches and also to accommodate schedule adjustments.
11. The tournament committee reserves the right to make adjustments deemed necessary to ensure smooth conduct and competitiveness of the tournament.
12. Yonex tournament grade shuttles (AS30) will be used throughout the tournament.
Lunch will be provided for players on Saturday and Sunday. Lunch will be available to non-participants at $5.00 per person. Lunch should be eaten in designated area. Water and Sports/Energy drinks will be provided on both days.
Karen Chin - firstname.lastname@example.org 847-471-2885
From DFW Airport – Take South exit to TX-360 South towards Arlington. Take the exit toward TX-180/Division Street. Merge onto TX-360 Frontage Rd/N Watson Rd. Turn RIGHT at E. Division Street. Turn LEFT at N. Cooper Street. Turn RIGHT on to UTA Blvd. Turn LEFT into the parking lot of the UTA Maverick Activity Center.
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Worth - Northeast Mall
653 NE Loop 820
Richland Hills, TX 76118
**Please ask for La Quinta Inn and Suites Fort Worth - Northeast Mall / Group # 304
***Mention 'DALLAS BADMINTON CLUB' for a special rate of $79.00 plus tax for a King / Sleeper Sofa room. BOOK BY 8/7/2012!!!!!
Springhill Suites by Marriot
1975 E. Lamar Blvd.
Arlington, TX 76006
**Mention Dallas Badminton Club Group Rate for a special rate of $79.00 plus tax for Kings and $99.00 plus tax for Doubles. Players MUST book in advance to receive rate!!!
La Quinta Inn and Suites - Dallas Love Field
8300 John W. Carpenter Fwy
Dallas, TX 75247
**Mention Dallas Badminton Club / Dallas Open for a special rate of $65.00 plus tax. Players MUST book in advance to receive rate!!!